Friday, November 28, 2014

Only 2 days left to back this fun project: Always Get on the Boat

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/138285656/constance-hockaday-presents-always-get-on-the-boat?ref=thanks

The first few paragraphs of the campaign.

ALWAYS GET ON THE BOAT is a performative and immersive art project on a 175 foot retired coast guard vessel.

What does it mean to always get on the boat?

There is a dwindling wilderness that runs parallel to our modern lives. It’s easy to forget it’s there or that we have access to it.

Always get on the boat is something that my friends and I say to each other when one of us is on shore and the rest of us are on the boat about to take off. The typical "are you coming?" and pleading "Come on, get on" happens and then inevitably the one on shore starts asking:

Should I go?

Do I have everything I need?

Will we make it back in time for BLANK?

Will we survive this?

The answers to these questions are impossible to know. And so, to expedite this process we made a rule.

It sounds like fun and if I lived in New York, I'd go.

If you're in to theatre, alternative theatre, performance art, creative space making, etc. check this out and support them!

No comments:

Post a Comment